Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Windshield wiper not working, not yet where do i find it,

Customer Question

windshield wiper not working
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: not yet where do i find it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 e 250
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. the last time i had electrical problems the step to get into the driver side i removed the step cover and the wires came out of the elec race in the grove and everytime i got in had blown fuses and lights not working that was easy to find
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a fuse or relay control for the wiper?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Your wipers get the power from the Fuse #9 (30 AMP) located in the interior fuse panel If the fuse checks okay then you are going to need to do some testing. Are you able to do the testing?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to do some testing if I send the steps as well as the wiring diagrams for the circuit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
30 amp fuse was checked and appears to be good
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you think you tell me what is wrong?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please cancel this $ 28 a month service
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay then the next step is going to be to check the switch, wiper module and wiper motor. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the links below. Your going to want to start your testing at pinpoint test B1. See the steps below. The common cause is usually a failed wiper motor but to be sure the testing needs to be done.

See the wiring diagrams in these links for testing reference.