Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I put a 1982 ford f150 wiring harness into a 1984 ford f150

Customer Question

i put a 1982 ford f150 wiring harness into a 1984 ford f150 and I want to know if I could run one wire one to module box to make it start
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: haven't checked the fuses and there is no wiring diagram
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we changed the harness so far but can't get it to start, harnesses are different
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does the harness make a difference, the 1984 harness has different connectors thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The harness very much will make a difference. You will always want to match them up for your year because the wires get crossed up as the technology has changed and different parts were used.

Which module are you wanting to run direct power to?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy