Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have been having knocking noises coming from my engine. I

Customer Question

I have been having knocking noises coming from my engine. I drive a 2001 Ford Focus SE that I have had for 6 years. This is why I am checking out this particular thread about it. What could be the problem?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It was just discovered today by my mechanic. It wasn't doing it before. First, the "Check Engine" light was coming on and stayed on for two days and then, went out again. For a while, when that light was on, it ran smoothly and did so after it went out. My mechanic checked everything out from my plugs, distributor and likewise rotor and all the sensors and he said that they were fine, then while on a test drive, he heard the knocking noise after that and it's still at the garage. he said that he would get back at it tomorrow morning and let me know what the problem might be.
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. my mechanic is going to fix it. I don't know how to do it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not right now. I just would like to know what the problem might be.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Your mechanic should be able to retrieve the fault codes using a ford scanner or Equivalent

if the check engine light came one ,that means it stored a fault code in the pending memory

when he call you back Tomorrow ask him what fault code did he Retrieve , Can you get me those fault codes .?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat