Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

How to remove the fuel door on a 2013 ford cmax to access

Customer Question

how to remove the fuel door on a 2013 ford cmax to access the manual gas door release and attach it back
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: what does hthat have to do with my question
JA: What is the model of your '13 Ford?
Customer: cmax
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing talked to the ford place , not sure they know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I used the manual plastic pull strap behind the rear inside access it opened the door but it came all the way out with the plasticpiece that attaches to the inside
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You will need to remove the trim on the interior where the fuel door is located.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You may not need to remove it completely just enough to fit your arm back there so you can reattach the fuel door release.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no way to get hand back there took it to the ford dealer they say will have to remove gas door to reaatach, so I would like a refund,thank you anyway