Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Strange electrical problem. Batterries seem dead, but

Customer Question

Strange electrical problem. Batterries seem dead, but alternator is goo. No gauges work, no rpm, no speed and radio is dead?? Will jump start fine, but will not restart???
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Cleaned them up a few days ago and had both a battery and alternator diagnostic. ABS light and battery light keep illuminating
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 F-350 6.0 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is quickly exceeding my do it yourself skill. I have charged the batteries and everthing seemed to work fine......that lasted for about 2 weeks and it is acting up again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Check all fuses. If you have a parasitic draw, you will need a multimeter to diagnose. you will need to connect the amp meter in series with the ground on the battery and start pulling fuses one at a time until you find the draw. This will narrow down the problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would the fuses be the under dash panel fuses or the under the hood bank of fuses and relays??
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

You will need to check all fuses under hood and in the cabin.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks