Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

What clutch disc of other vehicles would mount on my Ford

Customer Question

What clutch disc of other vehicles would mount on my Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 year 2002?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The 2000 to 2002 Ford ranger use the same clutch disc. May I ask why you are considering using a used disc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not using a used disc , I live in Mauritius and there is only 1 unique model of the 2002 Ford Explorer and they do not keep spares for this car .
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If in fact that is the case then I would stay with the OEM clutch and while replacing it you are always best served to replace the pressure plate and throw out bearing at the same time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it ok for me to go and buy a new clutch disc for Ford Ranger 2000 - 2002 and that would be fine to replace the one on my Explorer ?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

According to Ford it should be the same disc but to be sure you should have your suppler cross reference it to be 100% sure.