Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2007 ford focus, engine shuts off while driving. will not

Customer Question

2007 ford focus, engine shuts off while driving. will not restart and battery power good. interior and exterior lights, powerwindows, radio good operates. starter does crank engine with manual remote hand switch. not sure if it is fuse in distribution box. also no audio sound from fuel pump when key is turned to run/crank from off. I not sure where to start but could use help.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: right now it is in park
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: manual hand crank engine since no power from key to starter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will not run after it dyed while driving and will not crank by key. no engine mechanical issue of known.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
looking for common issue and resolution to this that I use to fix my car. let me know where I should check for and what I should see. I will be looking at basic stuff like corrosion and connectors for loose which look so far so good. no history of doing this before.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

What liter engine?

Auto or manual transaxle?

Do you own a volt meter?

What must you do to get it to start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2.0l engine, yes have muti meter, no crank yet alone run
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you known any similar issues of the 2007 ford focus having no previous history of problem and then engine shuts down while driving. Could it be key switch, ecu, relay, wiring factory fault splice, or anything else
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you email print of wiring diagram of f9 fuse that powers circuits due to fuse blown. This circuit somewhere is shorted and no identity to what it powers. 20 amp
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh my email is***@******.***

Just to make sure I understand it will not crank with the key but will with a remote switch wired to the starter relay or starter motor. Is the theft light flashing with the key in the run position?

Below are those wire diagrams you asked for. I have highlighted everything powered from fuse 9 under the hood.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris