Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Which wire goes to the ECU? 1993 ranger 4.0 engine, 60,000

Customer Question

which wire goes to the ECU?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1993 ranger 4.0 engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 60,000 miles manual
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes looking for the wire that goes to the ECU, installing an electronic update
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

Ok, there are many wires that go to the ECU. Can you be more specific in which wire you are looking for - power feed from the battery and fuse box, ground wire, signal wire from a specific component

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
signal wire from mass air flow
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, my computer froze up.

Ok, MAF signal wire is the light blue with red stripe

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?