Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1992 Ford F-150 with rear drum brakes. Have had issues with

Customer Question

1992 Ford F-150 with rear drum brakes. Have had issues with rear brakes "catching" or not fully disengaging. All work done at Firestone including all new hardware, drums, shoes, master cylinder and emergency brake cable. Work done over the past 3 months. Last weekend I took it back because it still didn't feel right. They warentied out the drums and said shoes were still good. After picking it up I could feel it jumping, rumbling and shaking in the back when braking. On my way to take it back to the shop the drums and rims got so HOT it blew the back passenger tire. Driver side just as hot. What is causing this??? Please help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Where the wheel cylinders replaced?