Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I this same false overheating problem on a 2006 f150 fx4

Customer Question

I this same false overheating problem on a 2006 f150 fx4 with the 5.4l v8 i am thinking of buying. So far the shop has replaced the CHT sensor twice. The last time at a dealership with a motorcraft sensor. The plugs and coils have all been replaced and the ECM was reflashed. It had been fine for 2 months until today. It flashed the CHT sensor code and they erased the code and started the truck again. After this the needle was back to normal. Are we to the point where we think the problem is a bad gauge or bad ground/ short in the gauge cluster? I really like the truck but this is a major concern to me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 month ago.

what code is it?