Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

My battery was low and mow the whole system is dead with the

Customer Question

my battery was low and mow the whole system is dead with the car in my garage locked in park. charging the battery doesn't seem to help.
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: more than one year. i haven't had it tested. if i put in a new battery, wil that release all the systems that are locked?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing other than trying to charge the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all. will the computer system start working again normally with a new battery?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 months ago.

hello, you may? be charging battery but step one? you want to take off both battery terminals. Clean and reattach them. This rules out a connection problem, next? you may have a bad battery not taking a charge, NO way to lose everything unless a bad battery or bad terminal connection, Its not going to be a fuse or relay. I would start by removing the terminals, and putting them back on, then maybe try charging again, If no luck? then a new battery is needed and no, nothing needs to be done computer wise, The only thing you may? notice? upon first drive it may idle a little low till the computer relearns base idle, that takes a little driving around then all id fine, Other than that? nothing to be concerned with computer wise etc. i am hoping just a bad battery terminal connection

Please ate my servcie provided today, After the required rating you can still return to this same post with a followup if? needed, Thanks