Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.

How can i get another key as i have lost one

Customer Question

how can i get another key as i have lost one
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

There are a couple methods you can use to get another key, especially if you have the original.

A duplicate can be made from the original, then programmed be either the dealer or a locksmith. Sometimes you can get a decent price on the key blanks through places like amazon.

If you don't have your original, contact the dealer with your VIN. They should be able to cut a key for you using the vin, then it can be programmed by the dealer and work for you.

Finally, a mobile locksmith may be able to come out and cut and program a new key for you.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I hadn't heard back from you and was wondering if you needed further assistance with this?