James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have a 2010 F250 diesel. Recently, when I turn the air on

Customer Question

I have a 2010 F250 diesel. Recently, when I turn the air on it will blow on the floor vents and a little through the defrost vent. Vacuum pump works because I will uno I vacuum line and it will kick on...put my finger over the tube, it'll build up and pump will shut off. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.
Hello, the vacuum pump only controls the automatic*****on this vehicle. For flow control like floor and vents there is an electric motor. It is on the driver side of the HVAC plenum.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I have pulled off one of the actuators but I'm not sure if that is the problem being that it seems this actuator I've pulled off only controls the flap for the driver side foot vent. Is this electric motor you're talking about accessible from under the dash or will the dash need to be removed? Also could you send me a picture of what it looks like?
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

here is a photo of the actuator that isn't working correctly.