Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a squeaking or chirping sound coming from what sounds

Customer Question

I have a squeaking or chirping sound coming from what sounds like the rear seat/cargo area. It is most pronounced when I go over bumps or when the car "bottoms out" on uneven pavement.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It almost sounds like the rear seat. I tried WD 40 on the seat mounts and thata did nothing. It has been happening maybe a couple months now.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 Ford Escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I take it to the dealer. I have not yet asked them to look at this issue. Was hoping it might be something common and easy to fix.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No everything else is fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cary York replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Sounds like a suspension squeak. Try bouncing the rear end by pushing up and down on the rear bumper and see if you hear the noise. Possible rear struts.