Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Anti theft alarm is going off. wont stop. car will start

Customer Question

anti theft alarm is going off. wont stop. car will start when alarm going off!
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: had to disconnect battery to stop noise, does that make a difference?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: eddie bauer explorer, 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: key in door lock, lock/unlock,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what we need is a diagnostic scan using a ford scanner or equivalent to read the antitheft module and retrieve the fault codes

1-it could be a number of things that is making the alarm go off , from the key lost sync with module, door micro switch that tells system if open or close , hood switch , trunk, antenna receiver , anti theft module itself etc...

2- make sure that battery has 12 volts and you are charging 14 volts with all load on while running , like ac ,headlight ,flasher etc.. low voltage will trigger it

you can try resetting it using the procedure below , but that want solve it permanently , if it will reset at all, if it is a hard fault , it want reset .

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician