Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Just bought 2002 F150 supercab xlt 5.4 V* 4x4. Previous

Customer Question

Just bought 2002 F150 supercab xlt 5.4 V* 4x4.
Previous owner stated he replaced his ripped and worn seats with that from '99 4.6 xlt 4x4. Airbag light stays on. Looking under seat, there are connectors to truck harness and seat harness, but neither connect (different config).
Can the wires of a 02 harness, be connected to '99 seats, and will this likely sole airbag light?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Connecting the wire will very likely solve the problem providing theres no other issues but the connector are going to need to be changed. Are you able to get the connector from the 1999 harness the 2002 harness and cut and splice them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay let me see f I can find you the connector views for both trucks to help you make the connection. Give me just a moment.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

After looking at the wiring diagrams this is not going to work, your 2002 has the seat belt pretensioners in the seat and the 1999 dose not use them. The only way to solve this is to install the right seat and in this case its going to have to be the 2002 if you want to hook them up.