Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

OK we have replaced cam sensor 4 times and fuel filter twice

Customer Question

OK we have replaced cam sensor 4 times and fuel filter twice still dead on side of road daily wtf
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: Machanic says computer says cam sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 97 f350 7.3
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic did first fixed sensor and replaced starter and alternator that wasnt broke and fuel filter light came on two weeks later and started the same thing dead in the road took it bk and computer says cam sensor now wtf we ourselves have put 3 in since friday and right now on side of road and still never lost fuel light
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is it I would look for in the fuel rail and why wont it show up on diagnostics
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Have you checked the ground to the cam sensor coming from the PCM

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do i check it and supposibly mechanic checked wiring and it was fine but we feel he has scammed us for 900.00

Check the cam sensor connector for ground , i sent you the wiring diagram

The light brown wire should have ground on when you try to start it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to call you but i dont feel like i have gotten 28.00 worth of answers cuz we need this truck to haul our equipme

If sensor is replaced several times , you must have a wiring problem to it from the PCM side

what is the mileage on it

it seems to me they Misdiagnosed the problem and they are throwing parts at it hoping to fix it .

I would do proper troubleshooting, even if you had to pay a dealer for troubleshooting

usually the PCM is the problem but testing is needed to confirm .

they need to pin out the PCM make sure each pin is supplying power or ground to these engine sensors .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me, for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat