AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 03 Lincoln Navigator. I want to perform a routine

Customer Question

I have a 03 Lincoln Navigator. I want to perform a routine time up on my SUV. But I'm not sure if I need any special tools or certain spark plugs. I heard the 5.4 liter is a special engine and I want to know before I try to work on it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 2 months ago.

Hello. To remove the spark plugs, you will have to remove the ignition coils as your engine has a coil on plug design. Once the ignition coil is removed all you need is a ratchet and a spark plug socket with an extension bar to remove the spark plugs.

When you purchase your spark plugs, they will give you the plugs based on your year, make and model. Or, if you want, the part number for the spark plugs is AWSF32P. You could give them that number and they will pull up the correct spark plug.

The spark plug gap should be .052-.056 inch

When you install the spark plugs, if you would like to actually torque them, the torque specification is 15 ft/lb

Please let me know if that answers your question, or if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm still a little bit confused. I was told that I need a tool kit CTA2367 and plug that doesn't match the number. So... I can use my normal tools also, Where do I get the plug you recommend?

Any auto parts store sells the correct plugs. That spark plug part number is ***** OE part number. It's a motorcraft spark plug. There are other brands that number will cross reference over to. You should not need that spark plug tool kit for your engine. Your spark plugs are/should be the normal spark plug design.

Please let me know if that answers your question or if you need anything else. I want to make sure you got the answer you came here for. Thank you.