Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 Ford mustang with 147,000 miles on it, right

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 Ford mustang with 147,000 miles on it, right after I bought it I started having problems with the thermosthat and housing which they supposedly replace now less then a year later I am losing coolant smell coolant and the voltage gauge is going up, I am really upset I love this car but not sure if I should fix it again or trade in I am really bummed.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No there fine
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm not equipped to do it be the cost is killing me. I brought to the ford dealership in my town the first time, they charged me 90.00 to look at it and sent me away, it ended up costing me 591.00 for a new throttle body and labor its a mess
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My gauges are also malfunctioning, I had planned on fixing them first until this happened
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 5 months ago.

is it leaking? what motor?