Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter
2947720

I have an 08 F150 with inoperative LH turn signal and brake

Customer Question

Hi - I have an 08 F150 with inoperative LH turn signal and brake light. All other exteriors lights are working properly
- Rear drivers side turn signal and brake lamp do not operate. Fast click when turn lever engaged
- Rear drivers running lamp bulb does operate
- Rear drivers backup lamp does operate
- License plate lights do operate
- Bulbs pulled and confirmed good with meter
- Voltage only sensed on driving light bulb/filament in drivers rear assembly. Other filament of same bulb and has no power
- Resistance to ground for the "trouble" circuit measured in rear LH blinker/brake bulb is less than 5 ohms
- All other lights working properly - including drivers side mirror indicator
- Removed steering column cover to check for loose wire/connection at blinker switch. None found
- Moved steering column up and down, no effect (due to some known loose wire issues)
- Hooked up my RV to trailer plug and the LH turn and brake lights work on the RV but still not on the truck. This leads me to believe it is not the turn signal causing fault.
- Before jumping into the CJB circuit tests, wanted to get your thoughts.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That does sound like the CJB, or a connection at it. Please see the attached wiring diagram. With the left rear trailer lights working it would most likely be in the CJB. However, the test would have to be done to be sure, thanks