James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

2010 Ford fusion seems to have intermittent acceleration

Customer Question

2010 Ford fusion seems to have intermittent acceleration problem. There is a hesitation when the wrench light comes on the dash. However when key is shut off the ranch goes away and the car is Excelerator returns to normal. Can drive for about a half an hour with normal capability And then problem returns. However once again if key is turned off the system resets in the car ask normally.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, seems to be a strange issue. I thought about the battery. However that doesn't seem to be an issue as it starts every time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: One message board often people claim that the throttle body has changed and it does not fix the issue. Car back sluggish when problem persist. However a once again when you shut off the car and restart it the car acts normally for approximately a half An hour.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

hello, this sounds like a faulty throttle body to me. I have seen reports of the throttlebody not fixing the concern When this happens its usually always someone buying the cheapest part they can and not an actual motorcraft part. Some years had a recall for the throttle body as well. If you have your vin number I can always look it up for you.