Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2010 fusion hybrid, power steering service and Advance trac

Customer Question

2010 fusion hybrid, power steering service and Advance trac light came on while driving, Is this something I can reset?
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: it is electric power steering no fluids
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have attempted nothing as it just happened and seeking answers before I take it to a shop for something I can do myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

You can reset the system by disconnecting the negative battery cable which will clear the system. If after doing this and the lights return then this means the system is seeing a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing after the reset if the lights return the system will need to be scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved and those would need to be addressed from there. Try a reset first. If the lights do not return then you should be okay.