Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Full back tank. Level keeps droping. Running on front tank.

Customer Question

JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1989 f350
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. Just started. Had the back tires replaced. Wondering if the fuel line is anywhere close
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: About a week ago. Don't drive it very often. Got in it today and level wss already down a quarter of a tank just sitting. Did get under and saw no leak from the bottom.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The problem you are describing is most likely caused by a failing selector valve located on the frame rail just in front of the front tank providing both fuel pumps are running when selected. Start first with making sure both pumps run when you place the switch on them. This should not have anything to do with having the tires replaced.