Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

Umm i have a 2001 ford escape and you know the relay on the

Customer Question

umm i have a 2001 ford escape and you know the relay on the fan?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: yeahh the car has never gave me any problems i got in a wreak and we put a new radiator in it. and my uncle made the prongs on the fan relay to bend now and plugged it back in it shorted somthing out the car lights will come on no fuses seem to be blowed but the car wont even try to crank at all but i can get it to turn over from the starter
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my grandad is and they have taken every fuse out in the box and inside the car none are blown.. there seems to be no loose wires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just mainly need to know what to do. its nit lighting up theft so i cant just get the computer swiped
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

do you have a v6 3.0 or 4 cyl 2.0 liter ?

have you checked starter relay ? I SENT YOU A DIAGRAM for location

there is also the PCM relay , it is also in the diagram

tell me more about the relay your uncle fixed , that radiator fan relay goes back to PCM car computer if he shorted something out could have fried computer ?

are you able to hook up scanner to it and communicate with the computer have you tried that ?

and just to double check no red led security light flashing or steady on , on the dash while you trying to start?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat