A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

I have a 2011 expedition not touchscreen and somehow

Customer Question

I have a 2011 expedition not touchscreen and somehow accidentally set the max speed control on 80 and am unable to clear it. I only have the reg key fob, no admin key and no owners manual. I have tried repeatedly to reset or clear it but nothing works. Any ideas on what to do now?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Nobuteverything else works fine with it.
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Manually went thru all the info and reset buttons on the dash but no results.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would the push buttons on the outside of the door have anything to do with this...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 month ago.

You have set the only key you have to a MYKEY. And since you do not have the ADMINISTRATOR KEY anymore, you will need to have the key you have reprogramed to the vehicle which will clear out the MYKEY. It would be best to purchase a second key and store it in a safe place incase it happens again. Both keys will need to be programed to the vehicle and the dealership is the best place to have this done. It is a very common problem we run into at the dealership. We see it at least twice a week.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do they usually charge to reprogram the key fob. And what does an admin key cost?

The keys are about $150. They usually charge 1 flat rate hour. At least we do at my dealership.

The administrator key is just a key programed to your vehicle that is not set to MYKEY.

Below is a section from the owners manual describing the MYKEY.