Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Securilock was tripped and now it won't start or get

Customer Question

Securilock was tripped and now it won't start or get auxiliary power
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unhooked the battery over night and it started this morning shut it off and won't do anything now removed after market security system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to reset this system
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

2008 ford what model? Do you have a security light on dash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a security light on the dashboard
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Here is something to try. you will need a minimum of 2 keys. Place vehicle on a battery charger. Leave the key on for 15 minutes or until security light goes out. do this 3 times. Yes 45 minutes. leave key 1 on for 30 seconds. switch keys. on for 30 seconds. back to original key 30 seconds. Key off and try to start. If this doesnt work you may have to find a shop that can program keys.