Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Swapped out fuel filters yesterday and got some air in the

Customer Question

Swapped out fuel filters yesterday and got some air in the line. Initially check engine light went on and had a "reduced engine power" alert. Fixed issue with air leak, cleared codes from truck and now seems to be running fine. However, when I accelerate hard my Insight CTS (use this merely for monitoring, codes etc.) still alerts that EFP (engine fuel pressure) is either fluctuating or low. When checking codes it still says that fuel pressure is low. I suspect an air bubble somewhere in the line and am wondering if it will come out in time or does it need to be bled?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: I am not receiving any warnings or alerts from the truck, just the CTS instrument cluster. It will either blink or stay on only temporarily.
JA: What year is your Insight?
Customer: It is an older model that was on an 2003 7.3 originally. It has been updated recently. I have been running this on my 2012 truck since I bought it (just swapped from the other) and never had any issues with it until now.
JA: Are you fixing your Insight yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When you say insight are you referring to a vehicle?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mastertechuk replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin how far have you driven truck since change ?