Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2000 continental- squels and moans when turning. pulls

Customer Question

2000 continental- squels and moans when turning. pulls right. inconsistent steering efort
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to I felt end play and up down looseness on inner CV joints. not sure whats acceptable
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When checking the tie rod end joints there should be no slack allowed. Do you get that result?

Has the belt been checked to see if there is any fluid leaking on it and to see if its loose, both of which can cause intermittent P/S pump pressure from slippage.

Has the pump been tested to make sure the pressure and flow are within specs?

If it is pulling right from a steering issue not from suspension, tire, brake, or alignment concerns. Then this issue would be to blame on the rack and pinion.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris