Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I have a 2003 ford f350 4x4 7.3 powerstroke crew cab super

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford f350 4x4 7.3 powerstroke crew cab super duty,my cruise control went out and I plugged in a Snap On mt2500 scanner with a K-2a key which I believe only goes to 2000,any way the codes that show up are PO571,PO566,PO567,PO568,and PO569 all cruise functions,now that being said I have an extra problem with this when you press the cruise on button and the coast button at the same time the horn goes off. When this whole problem started the cruise would hold on then just quit like a relay was not holding if you pushed the on button a few times it would come back on now it is completly dead any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

all these codes come up when the pcm does not detect the cruise switches

the circuit of the cruise system is connected to pcm , i sent you diagram to see

2- take horn pad off, and inspect clock spring

3- if good replace speed control cruise column switch

4- inspect fuse F2.37 15 AMP horn fuse in fuse box , under hood

5- there is cases where all above is good and the pcm was the issue by not seeing the switches ,but these are rare case , high mileage trucks

but is a possibility

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat