Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

P1836 AND U2235 4X4 HIGH LIGHT BLINS 8 TIMES, TOOK IT TO A

Customer Question

P1836 AND U2235 4X4 HIGH LIGHT BLINS 8 TIMES, TOOK IT TO A LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP AND THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING., TRANSFER CASE SHAFT SPEED SENSOR AND 4X4 TRANSFER CASE MODULE
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: DONT KNOW HAVENT LOOKED UNDERNEATH IT WAS TRYING TO FIND THE PART NO . FOR THESE TWO
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 EXPLRER 4.6 LITER
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WE HAVE REPLACED THE TRANSFER CASE COMPUTER TO NO AVAIL, IT WAS A USED UNIT BUT IM THINKING IF THIS OUT PUT SHAFT SENSOR IS BAD IT MAY BE SHOWING THIS MODULE TO BE BAD
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: WANTING TO FIX IT MYSELF
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a scan tool? The code is for the speed sensor for the front drive shaft circuit