Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I am having problem with my brake lights not working on my

Customer Question

Hi, this is Andres. I am having problem with my brake lights not working on my 2001 ford explorer sport trac.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Since the 3rd brake light works this means we need to work at the multifunction switch sticking out the left side of the steering column. Test the light green wire there. If it is powered when braking then the multifunction switch is bad. If there is no voltage there then there is a wire break between the multifunction switch and the brake switch.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris