James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have 2004 6.0L diesel Ford F250 with 120k. I went camping

Customer Question

I have 2004 6.0L diesel Ford F250 with 120k. I went camping last week pulling my 39' toy hauler and when I got 200 miles away at the campsite, all was good until I shut off the engine to check in. 10 minutes later return and it took 3 cranking sessions of around 10 seconds each before it decided to kick over and continued this every time I had to start it. I left to come home and filled up with fuel and noticed that @ idle speed aprox 750rpm my oil pressure dropped to nothing and check gauge lite came on, I increased the rpm to 1000 and it was fine. I drove about 30 miles still pulling the trailer and I heard a loud pop and thought I blew a tire but pulled over and all tires were fine and I walked around the front of truck and heard a semi whistling noise from eng compartment. I looked at all the boots to turbo and they all looked good. so I took off again and noticed loss of power and enough black smoke to cover a half mile freeway behind me. Pulled over and had it towed home. Need help! THANK YOU
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did this go thru?
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.
Hello, the oil pressure gauge drops off when it gets hot?
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

I sent a phone offer to help you with your concern