James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have 2008 F450 super duty 6.4L running for 25mins and

Customer Question

I have 2008 F450 super duty 6.4L running for 25mins and starts smoking and cuts off pls what can i do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you have a way to test for codes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no code
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

To me with what you are describing sounds like you have an issue with the EGR valve. The EGR valve is very well known to act up and stick once the vehicle warms up. It is usually pretty good about setting codes but it doesn't always happen. That is what I would suspect as being your issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck have been to many dealership but they couldn't find out the problem, pls let me tell u more about the truck, it will runs pretty good for 25 mins you can drive it on 75-90mph with no problems but after 25mins, it will start smoking and shut fown and you have to wait for 4-6hours before it will star again pls help me out thanks
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

That still sounds like an EGR valve to me that is acting up. That is how the vehicle will act when they fail.