James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

Have a 2005 EXC. 6.0 new motor, new wire harness new FICM,

Customer Question

have a 2005 EXC. 6.0 new motor, new wire harness new FICM, new 155/30 injectors, new HPOP, New IPR, new IPC. cylinder 1 is dead. So replaced injector it made no change, ran AE test, disabled injectors 1 at a time, cylinder 1 makes no change to engine idle. fuel pressure is 70 lb and 65 under load. Buzz test is random for cylinder 1, sometimes it clicks some times nothing at all. checked for combustion gas in the Fuel Bowl, it checks out okay. any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a way to perform a manual compression test on cylinder 1. That is where I would start. If the cylinder is misfiring at all times I would make sure you have good compression. Especially since the new injector didn't fix your concern. The compression test is done by removing the glow plug from cylinder 1. You should have around 400PSI of compression on a good cylinder.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I did already was 430
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

Was the wiring harness new for the FICM itself? Or is it the PCM to the FICM wiring?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its the full injector and main harness both new from ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

Was this issue present before the FICM was replaced?

Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

I would swap out the FICM with another one and see if the issue goes away. That is what I would do next.

Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

Hello, were you able to correct your concern?