Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2001 f350 7.3 psd. od wire at shifter shorted and

Customer Question

I have a 2001 f350 7.3 psd. od wire at shifter shorted and blew fuse. replaced wires and the fuse still no gauges, throttle,or idiot lights. changed computer @ kick panel, computer at fenderwell, checked all grounds at underhood and under dash, changed instrument cluster- and checked rear of fuse panel for corrosion, still no gauges or throttle! Going insane trying to get my work truck back on the road!
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
indicators for high beam, turn signals still works no odometer or any other lights on dash work..
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

does the overdrive light work correctly now? what was the fuse number that was blown?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no indicator lights of any nature. don't recall the number but was 10 amp, for the gauges\od
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a test light to see if this fuse is actually getting 12v on both sides. It is fuse 19

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is.all accessories operating
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

ok so you are still losing voltage somewhere.