Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Help! Keyless Trunk Lockout in small town in Oklahoma !--Any

Customer Question

Help! Keyless Trunk Lockout in small town in Oklahoma !--Any suggestions on how best to release the locking tabs to remove the manual release cable (behind the drivers seat). Any suggestions much appreciated--Ford Dealers not any help. Thank you, Carrie
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: It's in the locked trunk!
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 Thunderbird
JA: Are you fixing your Thunderbird yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Stranded at motel no locksmith or assistance available- Attempted to locate trunk relay switch which just now Ford tells me is located in the locked trunk along with my only set of keys and fob!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Battery is good-- Have AAA roadservice-- Ford dealer is 2 miles away, but so far No help at all. They say because the car is over 10yeaers old, they can't help me. Is there any trick to removing the manual release cylinder tabs ? Carrie
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

I assume you have already addressed this based on the long wait. Sorry no others got to you sooner. If you do still need help let me know.