Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

A no crank ,no start issue, yes new batt. alternator,

Customer Question

a no crank ,no start issue
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes new batt. alternator, ignition switch, had starter checked and is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: its a 2000 Mazda B3000
JA: Are you fixing your B3000 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed out relays,batt., alternator, ignition switch pretty much everything besides the neutral safety switch and anti theft transponder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Do you hear anything when you try to start it?
A click or series of clicks?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no clicks, no fuel pump engaging
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Ok, does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on?
Also, do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing?

Finally, what engine and is it an automatic or manual?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no check engine and I'm not near the truck at the moment. about three weeks ago the check engine light was on ran a code check with a ob2 diagnostic and came up with cam shaft position sensor bad
replaced and a week later just stop running while driving and hasn't started back up
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Ok

If the check engine light isn't coming on when the key comes on then it seems like the PCM or PCM relay might be the place to start.

However, also look at maxi fuse #5 under the hood. If it's blown you won't get power from the ignition switch to the starter relay. If it looks good, then I would check for power off the ignition switch on the red/blue stripped wire when the key is in the start position.

I think that's the place to start, if you have done this, then please let me know what else you have tried.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Other then what you already said :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not checked this out. I will and I'll let you know the results. thank you for your help
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome,, I am thinking that maxi fuse might be blown, this could possibly prevent the pcm from coming on but would def take out the starter relay. It's in the wiring diagram.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!