HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

I have a 2006 f350.on drives the ABS sensor comes on at

Customer Question

I have a 2006 f350.on long drives the ABS sensor comes on at about 150 miles..
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The abs sensor warning light in the dash display comes on. No warning codes have been displayed
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. So far I have taken no action. I am planning to inspect my calipers and associated lines. The truck has 42,500 mile and I bough it used last november.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the shaped like an engine is on all the time. I have had it in the shop and the mechanic said it was a short, or malfunction
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, for the ABS system, a diagnostic check for codes of the Antilock brake system to find out why it is on. These trucks will set codes for a possible wheel speed sensor. You need to know which sensor is possibly causing an issue or if there is a different fault with the ABS system. The Engine light is indicating a code is stored for the Engine control system, which wil also need to have codes retreived with a scan tool. Most auto parts stores will pull engine codes, but not the ABS system. A higher end scan tool or shop will have to check the system. Just inspect the wiring to the wheel speed sensors and see if anything is damaged.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?