Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My power door lock is not working, It's a 2010 crown vic, I

Customer Question

Hey my power door lock is not working
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: It's a 2010 crown vic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I actually reconnected fuse 8 under the steering wheel and the lock will work for a bit
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: But when I close the door it stops working again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's been driven nicely That's it I guess
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

So to clarify it sounds like the fuse #8 is popping when you close the door?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

There is a splice in the driver side door jamb that has green wires in it. On some models there are 3 wires, other models there are 2 (depends on whether you have power mirrors). Those green wires all come together right there and they have been known to come loose, rub through, or break when opening and closing the door. You should inspect those green wires for signs of anything unusual.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.