Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

How do I determine if a 2010 Ford Expedition has optional

Customer Question

How do I determine if a 2010 Ford Expedition has optional higher weight factory towing package. Does the VIN number tell you?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to determine if a used Expedition has thefactory towing package which allows towing a 8000 lb plus trailor?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The VIN is 1FMJU2A58AEB03729
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

First check the gvwr label on the driver door jamb and let me know what it says. In the meantime I'll look up your vin in the Ford database and see what it says it came with from the factory.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

According to Ford it looks like your truck has a 7500lb gross vehicle weight rating from the factory.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
payment method now correct. Can you call me?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Try to resubmit the request, it is telling me "payment failure".

Customer: replied 1 month ago.