Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

The original master cylinder on my 2003 F150 went out. I

Customer Question

The original master cylinder on my 2003 F150 went out. I have since had four replacement master cylinders and none of them have solved the peddle travel problem. I can stop the vehicle but the amount of travel varies. Once stopped the peddle creeps forward. The ABS is working well and does not seem to be affected.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: yes. no squeaks or leaks. The repair place I take my vehicle has bled them two o r three time.
JA: What is the model of your '03 Ford?
Customer: F150 long bed 2WD w/second seat. 5.4V8 w/Cruise XLT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have been taking to Gateway Automotive in Clarksville TN. They are at a loss as to what it could be. They put on the last two MCs.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I went to the auto zone today for wiper blades and they told me it could depend on where the truck was made. Mine is US made. Not Canada or Mexico. He showed me that they had two different part numbers for MCs. One for trucks made in Mexico and one for US and Canada made vehicles. Is there a possibility of that being the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm chris and I will assist you. Let me know when you are online.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI, I'm here.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am online.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is someone available?