Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My2007 ford escape V6 has a tranny slippage problem in 2nd

Customer Question

my2007 ford escape V6 has a tranny slippage problem in 2nd gear
can I add an additive such as lucas to help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When a transmission slips in a gear the rpms rise high and fast but speed does not increase equally. Is that what you get? Your CD4E uses the same parts in 2nd and 4th gears. Are you having issues in 4th gear as well? Additives can help many things in many different ways, though do note its not wrench in a bottle. It can help seals, and make things move easier but it can not repair a worn out clutch plate or band or torn seal. yes there are clutch plates inside your automatic transaxle, I am not confusing your vehicle with one that has a manual trans.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris