Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2007 Ford 500 ... AC is not cold at idle. Low Side pressure

Customer Question

2007 Ford 500 ... AC is not cold at idle. Low Side pressure is good and high side pressure is good. Only gets cold when car is moving. Any ideas? Please help... Replaced compressor already... Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Can you give me your low and high side reading with the AC running at idle when its not cooling?

Are the cooling fans coming on with the AC on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
low side 85 high side 225 yes fans running
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay your low side is way to high. At idle you should be seeing right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and right at 185 to 200 on the High side. I would consider evacuating the system and recharging it. Your pressure reading indicate the system is overcharged.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
already did that and it goes back up to those readings
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If in fact that is the case then you are likely looking a compressor concern. Your low side is to high.