Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Shawn: C. I have a 2011 F250 super duty. The steering wheel

Customer Question

Hi Shawn: My name is***** I have a 2011 F250 super duty. The steering wheel will not come back to center after I turn a corner. After pulling it straight it pulls usually to the right. I pull it to the left and it's like it is riding on a pendulum. It will grab and pull to the left. I pull it back and it will grab and pull to the right. It will continue to do this back and forth. If I yank the wheel back and forth [left and right] in an aggressive manner it will quit and drive down the road until the next turn. Then it may drive fine or it may start the same thing allover again. I had the steering box, pitman arm, both ty rods, tube asy, damper and center link. Then the clock spring broke so we replaced it as well. Rotated tires and rebuilt the right front hub. It had fell apart inside. The ball joints have been checked by two mechanics and as I was told they are good. So far I have around $2500 in trying to figure out this problem. I think I forgot to mention it is a 4x4. I live in the country and drive rough roads and have for many years. I have driven a ford most all my life and never had a problem like this. My local mechanic is as baffled as I am. Can you Please shed some light on this problem???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Everything you mentioned you have checked or replaced were going to be the same thing I was going to say to check until I read all of your post. I normally find this situation to be the steering gear but you addressed that and more. The only think I can think to add would be to perform a power steering pressure and flow test to make sure there is not a concern there effecting the recirculating ball system in the steering gear.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris