Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Throttle control light came on when i started 2006 fusion It

Customer Question

throttle control light came on when i started 2006 fusion It did rain hard a couple of times today No throttle when i push the accelerator
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

This light will come on when a fault is detected with the throttle body or accelerator position sensor usually.This also causes an issue with no acceleration when the gas pedal is applied with the fault set here.

What has to be done from here is to have a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers to check fault codes set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.

Since this occured after the rain it may be a poor electrical connection at the throttle body or poor seal in the connector at the throttle body.But it may also be an issue with the accelerator pedal sensor as well.

The codes will need checked to see what codes are set then diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.Most shops or a dealer can check the codes and diagnose the fault as well.You can usually get a local parts stores to read out the codes at no cost but they usually cannot diagnose the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete