EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

Need to re-set SYNC to restore voice text features. I still

Customer Question

Need to re-set SYNC to restore voice text features. I still get calls over the car's speaker system, but I not longer get notices of texts -- and I hear no verbal reading of the texts anymore either. How do I get that feature restored?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. There are a couple ways to try and reset sync. If you have the touchscreen under settings and system info there is a master reset option. You can perform that. That will reset the system and you may have to repair your phone. If you do not have touchscreen or the master reset does not work, you can disconnect the 12 v battery cables and touch the positive and negative cable together for a few seconds, then reconnect them. One of those methods should reset your sync. Please let me know the outcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Which 12v battery would I disconnect? The one under the hood or the aux battery hidden in the trunk?

The 12 volt battery in the rear trunk area should be disconnected.

Hi. If you have more questions then please respond to this chat. Otherwise rate my assistance with the 5 stars and have a great day.