Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities

2011 Ford Edge goes to idle while traveling and stays in

Customer Question

2011 Ford Edge goes to idle while traveling and stays in idle until stopped and restarted. After restarting runs ok for approximately 300 miles. Then does the same thing again. Real safety problem hello
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

Most likely the issue has to do with a known issue with the throttle body, it will have to be replaced. There is a sensor inside it that tells the computer, the throttle position, when it fails the computer is clue less as far as the throttle position, so for safety reasons the car goes into limp mode until restarted. Please Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them, as well until you are completely satisfied with my answers.