Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My Escape was broken into and I need to change the access

Customer Question

My Escape was broken into and I need to change the access code on my keyless entry system. Unfortunatley I don't have that code any longer. Is there a way to get that code from Ford?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Ah....no.
JA: What year is your Escape?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, what happened is someone broke into the car and stoll the owners manual and that unfortunately is where the code is. I was hoping to change the code on the door, just in case.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No...nothing was broken, just really want to change the keyless entry code to a different number
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Yes your Ford dealer can connect there scan tool to the system and retrieve your original factory 5 digit code and once you have the OE code you can then change it to what ever new code you would like. I have enclosed the steps in the link below for resetting the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Keyless%20programming%20AUg%2029.pdf