Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Here from the Netherlands, windstar 3.8 2003, I am solving a

Customer Question

Hello Mark here from the Netherlands
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: windstar 3.8 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am solving a problem somebody else has coused. The put in a wrong old type alternator with an ASI regulator and cut of the wires. Do you know the right coloring?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I dont hav a right diagram but my systems says there must be an alternator with feedback signal. I need to know wich color it is.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The alternator is charging but the battery light on the dashboard goes on after 10 or more seconds. The customor doesn't want that because it feels unsafe.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fault codes U1262 B1676 B1249
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what color wires you have at your alternator so I can see if I can locate this info?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Orange/gray I think; Red/Pink and Violet Or purple hard to tell
Customer: replied 1 month ago. think this is the wiring I should be, but there no more connector just lose wires.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I = it sorry
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,I show the viloet wire is a signal feed to pin 1 at the alternator to pin 20 at the PCM.Pin 2 is a red wire with pink stripe that leads to the PCM at terminal 45.The orange wire with light blue stripe leads to fused battery power at the battery junction box fuse panel to fuse F1.13 which is a 10 amp fuse.This is what I show on this here.

Here is the connector view

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is not solved.
The color connections in the first place were 1 orange; 2 red/pink; 3 violet
Has there someting been damaged with this?
The code now is B1676 (snap-on solus ultra ;) )
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Are you saying the colors do not match with the info I had posted here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the voltage is 14.5 thats oke
The alternator has a white connector with a black cover that should be the right type for this car or not?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The connector should be very similar to this one here.The color wires are different in this one but the connector is the same.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I Call it a day, its 20:38 hour over here thank you so far.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete