Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

03 expadition its been raining for 2days didn't go any where

Customer Question

03 expadition its been raining for 2days didn't go any where i went to crank it jus kelp turning over.never happen before when it rain.but try spraying starter flude it crank went wright back off.where could my problem b do to thy rain??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it started then shut off with starting fluid being used this can usually indicate this is a lack of fuel.It may or may not be rain related.This may be an issue with the fuel pump itself failing in the fuel tank as I have seen and had to replace before or an issue with the wiring or connections leading to the pump at the fuel tank.If there is a loose connection or poor connection seal on the connector or a knicked or damaged wire the moisture in the air from the rain can cause poor connections causing this fault here when it rains.

Other then this and the most common cause is the fuel pump itself needing replaced.You will have to have the power and ground signals tested leading to and at the fuel pump and if these are all o.k. then the fuel pump itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete